15 Oct Email design and process building
I was brought in as a Senior Designer to create emails, banners and social campaigns during their busiest season. However, my role became more than this, as I helped create and implement new working processes for the creative team. I also became the acting Design Lead in the interim between the freelancer lead leaving and hiring a permanent lead.
Photobox produces customisable photo gifts – I worked in-house.
- Concepts for email campaigns
- Delivering 3-6 email designs per week
- Creating new processes to make the team more efficient
- Working agile
- Fast-paced environment – short turnaround times
- Lack of process in the creative team
Results and project highlights
- Delivered many creative concepts within a short turnaround time
- Shaped the direction of the new brand
- Developed new processes to help the team work better together, and communicate effectively with the wider teams
- Great feedback from the team
The new brand rules were still not set in stone, so I was able to play around with look and feel and experiment with creative concepts. This also included A/B testing of email designs.
I entered Photobox during its ‘Peak’ season – just before Christmas. With new promotions every week, emails going out every day (in English and French) and banners for multiple countries markets bi-weekly to say it was hectic would be an understatement.